Friday, June 8, 2012

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp - Review + Swatch!

As you can tell from the topic of my last couple posts, I love lip products and I am always so excited to use them and try them out! Recently I purchased the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. I've read many mixed reviews on this product, but I decided it was time for me to buy it myself and test it out!



 NYX has 11 shades available in this Soft Matte Lip Cream line. Ranging from light nude shades to deep reds, each lip cream has the claim of being silky smooth, durable, moisturizing, and with a matte finish.


The color I purchased, Antwerp, is bright coral-pink shade with hints of orange. It is extremely pigmented, and lives up to its claim of having a silky application and matte finish. The doe-foot applicator picks up a lot of product, so using the applicator like a regular lipgloss gives an extremely dark, opaque finish.



Unfortunately, this product settles into the fine lines of my lips. Even after thoroughly exfoliating and applying lip balm to my lips, the lip cream's matte finish made my lips look dry, and almost cakey. And although these are said to be moisturizing, I couldn't tell any difference. However, the consistency is very light, and I don't feel anything on my lips after applying it and letting it dry.


















I got these from Ulta when I purchased a whole bunch of things (my haul here). Currently, there is a buy one get one 50% sale for NYX Cosmetics at Ulta.com.


If dry lips aren't an issue for you, I definitely recommend the Soft Matte Lip Creams! Just like it says on the tube, "It's not a lipstick, nor is it a gloss. It's like nothing you've experienced before. It's lipstick cream that goes on silky but looks matte".


About: $5.99 for .23 oz


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Great review! The colour looks gorgeous!

    Stop by and check out my giveaway! :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete