Sunday, June 10, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe - Review + Swatch!

Here I am with yet another product I recently purchased; the Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Shadow. With the claim of lasting 24 hours, and being comparable to MAC Paint Pots, I was more than excited to test this out!



There are 10 shades available in the Color Tattoo Line, varying from everyday neutrals to fun, bright colors. I decided to pick up Tough as Taupe, since I don't have any eyeshadow or cream eyeshadow similar to it.



I would describe Tough as Taupe as your basic taupe color; brown with grey-purple undertones. I was skeptical of buying this color at first because I personally don't like to wear dark color on my eyes; however, I found that tapping my finger in the eyeshadow lightly and patting the color on my lid gives me a soft, natural wash of color. Not only that, but Tough as Taupe can easily build to a dark taupe to achieve a nighttime smokey eye. 

The formula of this cream eyeshadow is very thick when you initally swirl your finger in the jar. However, I don't mind it, and find that the thickness allows the eyeshadow to adhere to my eyelids and last longer. After applying this eyeshadow with only a dab of primer in the morning (around 8 am) and going through my typical 15 hour day, there was little visible fading and no creasing at all. I find that unbelievable for having hardly any primer.

On the Top: Tough as Taupe, unblended; On the Bottom: Tough as Taupe, blended
I would say when comparing Tough as Taupe to a MAC Paint Pot, they are very similar. They have similar thick consistencies, staying power, and pigmentation. However, the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadow dries so extremely quickly that it's almost impossible to work with if you're not doing one eye at a time. 

On the Left: MAC Paint Point in Bare Study; On the Right: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe

Overall, the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe is a phenomenal product. I would recommend this to everyone; people with dry lids, oily lids, a dark skintone, a light skintone...you name it! It has great pigmentation, wears amazingly, and can be built up or toned down easily. Not only that, but Tough as Taupe is comparable to MAC Paint Pots for a small fraction of the price - it can't get any better than that.

About: $6.99 for .14 oz

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't find this at my Walmart, but I'll have to hit Shoppers tomorrow to see if I can snag it. I love the colour!

    PS. I tagged you in a post!

    http://blueyed-beauty.blogspot.ca/2012/06/tagged-liebster-award-by-faux-guru.html

    ReplyDelete