Saturday, June 9, 2012

Revlon Photo Ready Cream Blush in Coral Reef - Review + Swatch!

A few days ago, I got the Revlon Photoready Cream Blush. Blushes are my absolute favorite makeup item next to lip products, and I was more than happy to see this new release in Revlon's Photo Ready line!




In this release, there are 3 available shades; Flushed (a hot pink), Pinched (a peachy pink), and Coral Reef (a bright coral). I picked up Coral Reef, mainly because coral is my go-to summer color!



I am a huge fan of clean and sleek packaging. The majority of drugstore products do not offer the same sleek packaging as a high end product would, but I feel as though the packaging of these blushes are almost high end packaging-esque. The product comes in a clear, plastic tub with a nice black lid.



I would describe Coral Reef as a perfect bright coral. It shows up true to color in swatches and on my skin, which usually doesn't happen to me. It's matte with no shimmer at all, which I really enjoyed; I personally don't like the look of shimmery blushes, especially since the sparkles tend to make their way across my entire face. 



Now, although the color in the tub looks very intimidating, the color is very sheer during application. Coral Reef glides across my skin and blends out better than many other cream blushes I've used. However, it is also very buildable, as you can see from the first swatch below. Coral Reef is also a color that can look good with almost all skin tones, since it has the ability to sheer out or build for everyone's personal preference.

However, the longevity was a little bit disappointing. I was expecting Coral Reef to last for almost all of the day (yes, I have high expectations...), but it faded after around the 4 hour mark. Setting it with another blush or powder did not extend the longevity that much either, so I wasn't very happy with this blush due to that issue.

Top: Coral Reef, unblended; Bottom: Coral Reef, blended
Overall, I would recommend this blush to people with normal to dry skin. With oily skin, you might not get much wear out of it because of it's light consistency and lack of longevity. However, if you are not concerned with how long you can wear it for and just want to buy it for the color or ability to blend, I say go for it. The color and application of this blush is absolutely flawless! With no shimmer and the subtle glow this blush gives to the cheeks, Coral Reef is an extremely wearable everyday blush.

I have been so impressed with Revlon recently! How do you like Revlon and their new releases? 

About: $12.99 for .44 oz (.44 oz will last a lifetime; Even MAC Creamblend blushes are only .19!)

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Great post really informational! Which do you prefer the constancy of the NYX creme blush or the Revlon?
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I definitely prefer the consistency of the Revlon cream blushes. I find the NYX cream blush a little too soft and creamy, whereas the Revlon one is creamy, and has a thicker texture :)

      Delete