Wednesday, June 6, 2012

New Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains - Review + Swatches!

Recently, Revlon released their new Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. This new balm stain is a spin-off from their original stain: the Just Bitten Lipstain. I was so excited to see these, because I adore lip products, especially lip stains.


Top to Bottom: Honey, Sweetheart, Rendezvous


In this release, there are 12 shades of the stain, ranging from nude colors to bright pinks. The 3 I'm going to be reviewing and swatching today are Honey, Sweetheart, and Rendezvous. 


Top to Bottom: Honey, Sweetheart, Rendezvous


When I initially saw these on display, I was immediately reminded of the famous Tarte LipSurgence Lip Stains and Clinique Chubby Sticks. The packaging of the Revlon Balm Stains are almost identical to the Clinique Chubby Sticks. However, the Revlon ones are marketed as a stain (like the Tarte ones), while the Clinique one is only marketed as a balmy lipstick.


Left to Right: Rendezvous, Sweetheart, Honey


The Revlon Balm Stains have a gel-like consistency, with the ability to stay put like a stain. The longevity of these stains are decent; after around 4-5 hours, I found my lips were starting to fade, and I had to reapply the product to get my desired lip color again. However, on the bright side, there is no hassle with dry, flaky lips, since these balm stains are very moisturizing and smooth. I don't know how Revlon did it, but these stains retain a very glossy finish that doesn't go away.


Top to Bottom: Honey, Sweetheart, Rendezvous

These balm stains have decent pigmentation. Although the initial color isn't BAM in your face, it's definitely there and the color can be easily built.



Honey


Honey is a very natural, everyday rosy color. After purchasing Honey, it easily became an everyday favorite of mine. My lips have a mauvey undertone, and Honey was almost like a my-lips-but-better color.


Sweetheart

Sweetheart is the perfect hot pink lip. I think that this shade would work as a perfect hot pink color for all skintones. It's very bright, but wearable too. It has great staying power compared to Honey and Rendezvous - for an entire evening I had full color pigmentation, and even after scrubbing it off my lips at the end of the night, there was still hot pink left on my lips.



Rendezvous

Rendezvous is a bright orange. For this color, I say less is more. Start of with a light hand, then build it up if you want a darker color. With flash photography, I was unable to capture the actual color of Rendezvous; however, in person, I can assure you this was a bright orange tint on my lips. The staying power of this color is very good, and is second best next to Sweetheart.


As my overall verdict, I absolutely love the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. With the power of a stain, but with the sheen and hydration of a balm, these are the best of both worlds. I can see these being just as popular as the Revlon Lip Butters, or even more popular.


About: <around> $8.99 for 0.095 oz


xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful review!! Thanks so much! Subscribed. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much! I appreciate it a lot :)

      Delete
  2. Those look absolutely amazing! I actually can't wait for them to come out in the UK.

    http://make-upandotherthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love sweetheart on you looks great!
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete